Thursday, February 9, 2012

My luck is changing...

Wow, sorry that I have been failing at updating everyone on my life.  February 1st marked two months of unemployment for me.  I had sent several applications out for various general practice and emergency positions... in Louisiana, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and New York.  As you may remember... I interviewed at two practices in New York during the last week or so of January-- but I just wasn't sold on either one.  The people were very nice, but each practice had things I disagreed with... and I became more discouraged about the job hunt.

I then found a position advertised in Northeast PA, which was confidential, and through a service that works for practices.  I contacted the woman who was serving as liaison for the practice, talked with her on the phone, had my references checked... and she set me up for interviewing on Monday and Tuesday of this week.  It is currently a two doctor practice that practices advanced medicine and surgery (soft tissue only, yay!  I am so not an orthopod).  Small animal only, with access to ultrasound, echocardiography, EKG, blood pressure measurement, a tonopen for ophthalmology, essentially 98% digital records, endoscopy, rhinoscopy, and laser surgery capabilities.  The technicians and assistants all seemed really happy to be there, got along well together, and all respected the doctors.  The two doctors get along well, and the other associate is still a young doctor graduating only a year before me-- but starting practice at the same time as I did.  At the end of the second day of the interview, I met again with the office manager and was offered the position.  It still feels very surreal, as I am so used to having bad things happen to me lately... that I still quite can't believe that I was offered the job!

So, I'm moving to Pennsylvania very soon!  I have a lot to do before moving, and I hate making lists... however, this may be one time when a list benefits me.  I just submitted my application for my license in PA today, and I have to contact the other states in which I hold licenses to have them send letters of good standing to PA for me.  Lucky does not even brush the surface of what I am to get to move in with my big sister!  Yay!  I can't wait!  It's going to be so much fun living with her and my favorite kittens... the only downside is that my own little kitten, Bella, is going to have to temporarily move back to Ohio with her grandma.  I haven't decided yet when I want to move Bella... because I'd rather keep her here with me to "help" me pack before just uprooting her.  She loves being here with me, and she'll be very excited to move to a new apartment with me... eventually.  I know so many people in PA already through my sister, more than I know in NY... so it will be very easy for me to get adjusted to life there.  I've got to go sign my contract with my new employer next week, and I plan to move some boxes, maybe some furniture, and who knows what else down to PA at that time.  I've kept all of my textbooks boxed up-- so that will be quite easy to throw them into the car.  

I feel like I can breathe again.  I actually told Bella today that everything is going to be ok for us.  Sure, it's going to be a pain to have to take her to Ohio for a bit, and I hate moving... I really truly hate it.  I'm not sure if I can sublet my apartment in NY or not... but here's hoping for the best because I am moving out.  Moving on to a better position in a better place with wonderful people who I know will appreciate me.  Pennsylvania already feels more like home to me than New York has... and I can't wait to make it official.

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog ;) I'm glad things are looking up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, lady! Glad that you found me here!

    ReplyDelete