Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Moving... again

I cannot believe that February is almost over.  Wow, what a month.  I'm in the process of moving from NY to PA, and I hope to be completely moved by the end of this upcoming weekend.

Currently, I'm in Ohio for a few days.  I brought my little princess kitteh, Bella, back to Ohio to spend some time with her Grandma.  I'm going to miss Bella like crazy, and I know that she's going to miss me.  It was a huge adjustment for her to move to NY with me, and she has been very spoiled with me being home with her during the day lately.  We arrived on Monday evening from NY, and Bella did so much better on the car ride this time around.  Granted, that is partially due to the fact that I medicated her with a higher dose of medication than I used the last time... and secondly, this is also the 2nd time she's been on an 8+ hour car ride (and won't be her last trip-- as she will be moving to PA eventually).

Now I'm in a sort of holding pattern as far as my job goes... and this is worrisome to me just because I still have bills to pay and really need to have an income.  I have to wait until I am granted a license in PA, and who knows how long that's going to take.  I am working on two other state boards to get letters mailed to PA... and *fingers crossed* they do so in the near future.

Today I felt like crap.  I slept horribly last night... waking up multiple times in the middle of the night, and my neck and body ached when I woke up this morning.  Also, I had a headache for a better part of the day today and just generally felt run down/exhausted.  I took a shower, hoping that it would make me feel better... but it actually made me feel a little worse.  I had chills and could not stay warm.  Finally, I found a warm blanket, put on socks, sweatpants, and a thermal shirt under my sweater... and I felt nice, cozy, and warm and fell asleep on the sofa for an hour or so.  After my little cat nap, my headache was gone (thank goodness), and I'm feeling a bit better now.  I haven't been nauseated or anything, but I didn't really have an appetite today.  I did eat a turkey and cheese sandwich, string cheese, and greek yogurt earlier in the day.  I finally got my act together and went to Target tonight to pick up caffeine-- either in the form of Diet Coke or coffee... (diet coke with lime = winner), nail polish remover (as my mom has none-- absolutely DO NOT understand this at all), and a new NP to try.  Additionally, I did some stuff around here including: sorting through textbooks and notes-- picking out more stuff that I may or may not need as references at my new job, finished my last load of laundry, washed my two duvet covers, and I still have to go through drawers of lounge clothes and pack all of that as well as my dresser into the back seat of my car.

Plan for tomorrow-- to PA or bust!  I'm going to unpack my car (again), stay for a few days, and then back to NY to hopefully finish packing and cleaning.  Lots to do in a very short period of time... I just want to be moved already.  I know, impatient much? Very!  I have zero patience for this... maybe I should consider coercing people into helping me pack and clean?  That's probably one of the better ideas I've had lately.  At least I won't feel guilty packing boxes in the presence of my cat now.  She was getting so stressed to see boxes everywhere and me packing things up.  Poor baby!  I think she honestly thought I was going to leave her and take everything with me... except for her.  The only downfall of not having her in NY is that it's going to be that much harder for me to be in the apartment to pack and clean.  I've never been there alone.  She has always been there with me, but knowing that she's safe with Grandma does make me feel a little better.

Now I'm just rambling... and I have a lot to do here in Ohio before leaving, so I guess I better get on it!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment