Friday, March 9, 2012

Hello Pennsylvania!

It's been a while since my last post... so here's an update on life.  I finally finished moving out of my apartment in NY on Tuesday of this week and am officially moved into the apartment with my big sister in Pennsylvania.  I love it here, but it has been lonely this week without her.  I'm sure she's enjoying the sunshine and peace and quiet of not being woken up early in the morning by kittens jumping on her head.  That said, I know she misses us, and we are so excited for her to be home on Sunday night!

This weekend is the start of Daylight Saving Time, which quite possibly is my favorite time of year-- because it means that spring is here, summer is coming, and so is my birthday!  Yay!  It is also my last full weekend for who knows how long as I start working at my new job on Monday.  I am SO happy to be able to be working again!  For the next two weeks, I will work with the owner of the practice just to learn hospital protocols and the computer system... and then they'll throw me into the deep in with my own schedule, appointments, and staff on the beginning of week #3.  So obviously, this also means that I'm officially licensed in PA now too... which is a huge relief as well.  I've been waiting around for that license to come through for what seems like months, even though it has only been a few weeks.  I'm quite impressed with how quickly PA was in getting me a license number.  The slowdown, of course, came as a direct result of having to have THREE other states write "letters of good standing" on my behalf.

Things are looking up.  Big gets home soon, I start work, no more snow... all great things!  The weather was in the 60s yesterday, and it will be in the 60s three days next week and ONE day in the 70s.  Could not be more thrilled about that weather!  Yes please!  Starting work... and lots of unpacking to do as well, but I have a feeling that I'm going to be exhausted with starting work.  Oh well, I guess I'll unpack eventually.

It has also come to my attention that I apparently am a nail polish enabler, but I don't think so.  It's not my fault that I like finer things in life including nice NP... honestly, NOT my fault.  It's a direct result of having ancestors who got taken to court in the 1600s/1700s for "dressing too fancy" for the farmers!  Yep.  That's something else new I've learned about myself.  I've always felt that it's important to learn things... and learn something new every day.  So, finally, last weekend... I gave into my big sister and gave her a bit of information about  myself and grandparents.  She is crazy talented (which I already knew) and managed to trace my family back on both sides to the 1500's and 1600's... 13 generations in the United States.  I am old New England with relatives on both sides of the family hailing from Massachusetts... including three great-grandparents being in the 9 original purchasers of Nantucket Island.  Martha's Vineyard was also a place my family called home... and now I'm excited to be planning a trip to New England with my big in the spring to visit these places!  My relatives also include the infamous Folger (yep, like the coffee) family and Ben Franklin.   Yep, do you feel like you have been on an episode of "Who Do You Think You Are?" just from reading this post?  You should!  I do.

Life is good lately.  I'd like it to stay this way or keep getting better.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment