Thursday, January 26, 2012

Another week

I've been doing a bad job keeping up with the blogging this week, but it's been a busy week.  I had interviews on Monday and Tuesday.  Monday was an exhausting day.  My interview was 2.5 hours away, which means that I was awake at 5am, out the door by a little after 7, and made it on time to the interview.  I toured three hospitals, owned by one group, on Monday... and each was set up about the same.  Most of the people were very nice, but some of the the personalities were a bit cold.  Overall, the doctors were nice, but there were some things I wasn't sold on.  On Tuesday, I interviewed at a local place... and although there were many positive aspects-- such as a smaller hospital, small staff, close location (with no need to relocate), I just didn't love it.  I didn't LOVE either one really... and I couldn't picture myself going into and out of rooms.  I didn't see myself loving working there, and I want to be able to see and feel that before accepting a job.  I just can't accept a job to do it if I won't be happy... and I'm just really disappointed.  I was hoping for so much more.

I had a phone call today with another head hunting service essentially, and she is going to forward my resume to a practice in Pennsylvania.  I am also working with a few others, who have forwarded my resume to places in Louisiana and Delaware.  I also applied to a place in NC, but I haven't heard anything from them.  I totally hate applying for jobs.  Each day makes me feel shitty.

Not to mention, I have one week until my rent is due, and I probably have about $200 to my name right now.  Each night I want to cry myself to sleep, but that's not going to help matters.  I have to send out some emails tomorrow and hope that tomorrow brings me good news.  I just can't handle anything less than good news right now.  Supposedly, there are inspections going on at my apartment complex tomorrow too... and I hate being home when people enter my apartment-- so I'll go to Starbucks and try not to wallow, but it's just so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment